8.17.2011

//freddie mercury love

Dearest Freddie,

I first learned of your existence in fourth grade when we sang, "We are the Champions" during chorus. Since then, I have been enthralled with your powerful voice and amazing (and often puzzling) lyrics. "Bohemian Rhapsody" saw me through hard times during my college years, as well as those drunken nights in karaoke bars when all I could do was mumble out, "scary bush, scary bush, will you do the flamenco" in my best falsetto voice.

Now the torch of our love for you has been handed onto the new generation, and infants watch and rejoice at the sight of your live performance at Live Aid.

Freddie, it appears that you will forever be missed.

Faithfully,


Maven Amy



P.S. Why do you screech out, "I'm adopted!" in "Another One Bites the Dust"? I've always wondered.



2 comments:

Linz said...

You have no excuse the next time we sing "Bohemian Rhapsody". You must dance with us.

MAVEN AMY said...

you bring the beer, and i'll provide the entertainment.

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com