9.06.2011

//viva la reine

via On the Katwalk

Last week, I focused quite a bit on birthdays, and I thought I was well and truly done with it for the time being. Apparently, I was very very wrong.

This morning, I learned via Google that yesterday was the 65th birthday of... wait for it... Freddie Mercury.

It's unbelievable to think what rock today would sound like without the influence of Freddie Mercury and Queen. I don't know about you, but I can honestly say that my life changed for the better the moment I watched the music video for "Bohemian Rhapsody."

It's been 20 years since his passing away, but Freddie Mercury still knows how to make a splash. I would've loved to see the parties that were thrown in his honor yesterday.

Oh, and of course, the reissue of Queen's final five albums (with bonus material!) was released yesterday, so be sure to pick them up. You bet your sweet ass that I'll be doing just.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com