9.09.2011

//(the angels wanna wear my) brown specs

The #1 question folks ask me when they are inebriated: "Are your glasses real?" Actually, it sounds more like, "Ahh yo glashes weel," but I'm quite the salty dog when it comes to translating drunk speak. 

Let me use this blog as a soapbox to all you doubting Thomases out there: why yes, they are quite real, thanks. My optometrist's office, the Northwest Vision Clinic, is located in Ballard. Dr. Balter is amazing, and not just because his name's very similar to Battlestar Galactica's very own Dr. Gaius Baltar. 

If you're looking for my pair, however, you're out of luck (unless you live in Korea). I purchased my pair last year when I visited Korea. $50 including the frames and prescription lenses! Hurrah!
glasses: real. lashes: fake.
I'll freely admit that I love my glasses, and I feel naked without them perched atop the bridge of my nose. However, their main purpose is to serve as vision aids. 

After all this talk about glasses, I think it's only fair that this Friday's tune should come from the very dapper gentleman whose face just wouldn't look right without his signature glasses: Mr. Elvis Costello.


I wonder if Mr. Costello gets asked if his spectacles are real.


4 comments:

Beat & Rubbish said...

does dr. balter look like dr. baltar?

mamutopia said...

haha, cool picture! You should look like that when people ask you about your glasses ;)

MAVEN AMY said...

@beat & rubbish: fortunately not. dr. baltar was disgusting.

MAVEN AMY said...

@mamutopia: thanks! i'll definitely give it a go and see how they react.

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com