12.15.2011

//rape survey? really?


Two entries in one day! I’m on a roll!

You can thank CNN for this entry. This morning, I happened to open the CNN app on my iphone, and what did I see? THIS.

What is THIS? It’s a story about a fraternity at the University of Fremont that decided that it would be a great idea to create a survey which included the following question: “If you could rape anyone who would it be?”

 Yep, you read that right: who would you rape?

 Now, I’m all for the freedom of speech. My parents moved to the States when I was a mere lass of four years in order to reap the benefits of the United States Constitution, and I’m always aware and thankful of their sacrifice. Honestly though… does the First Amendment have any say in a situation where a fraternity openly creates an online survey asking members to decide who they would rape?

Way to go, Sigma Phi Epsilon, for underscoring the stereotypes that fraternities have to deal with on a daily basis. I realize that not all fraternity members are bigamists with a penchant for forced sex, but it’s hard to make that distinction when idiots like this make the front page of CNN.




Aaaaand now I'm done with my rant. Whew, I just needed to get that off my chest. 

1 comment:

Linz said...

WOW. What the crazy EFF. I am completely and utterly flabbergasted. This goes beyond regular frat crassness - or the kind of crudity we (unfortunately) expect from a frat. This is downright sickening.

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com